|Shrimpies are a favorite Christmas treat!|
Grandma T.'s Shrimpies
1 cup butter, softened
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 Tablespoon heavy cream
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2-2 cups mini shrimp
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup grated cheeses (Cheddar and Parmesan)
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium bowl, cream well: butter and cream cheese. Beat in 2 T heavy cream. Work in the flour and 1/2 tsp. salt to make a pastry dough. Form into long rounds, about 1" thick, seal in waxed paper and refrigerate for several hours (or freeze to harden quicker).
2. After dough has hardened, heat oven to 425'.
3. Slice pastry dough in 1/8"-1/4'' slices and press into mini muffin pans, pressing around sides. Lay about 4- 6 mini shrimp on top of pastry dough.
4. Combine 1 1/2 cups heavy cream and 3 lightly beaten eggs; set aside.
5. Combine cheese and salt and pepper.
|Use a plastic knife or flat utensil to scoop out of a non-stick pan. Sometimes they stick but usually they just pop out after a little help!|