Monday, January 18, 2010

Fun Day with Mom



Today mom called and asked if I wanted to go to a thrift store and Uncovered Ruby. So with my sister watching the children, and Derek getting the daytime off, we took off for Battleground and Camas.


Backtracking a little, I'm feeling a little- congested and just... loopy. After cleaning the whirlwind mess of a sewing room that I have, my nostrils inhaled too many fabric fibers. :) If I felt better, it could have been even MORE enjoyable! Nevertheless, we had a great time talking about how we would fix the world! hahaha

Our first stop was Uncovered Ruby but to our dismay, they weren't open. Bummer. I'm not sure if we would have be able to see Lisa anyway but, they are closed on Mondays. Oops!


So, we found a few Goodwill stores (that seemed outrageously priced to me!). I spotted a Pampered Chef can opener for mom! (It's ok, I too know that you can get super cheap deals on PC at Goodwill! haha Grab it! I would!) The one and only- Pampered Chef Can Opener. If you don't have one- you need one!

This is just one of many OLD recipes I've collected. I can see it! On my wall!

Next destination: Camas Antiques. O man! I'm inspired.... just not sure what Derek will think about old cookbook pages glued onto my dining room wall! LOL It's been in the remodeling process for 3 years now so, anything's better than bare flat walls! ...right? Wouldn't that be neat? I believe that vendor has pictures on her blog... There were so many adorable things! The treasures that catch my eye are kitchen ANYTHING, sheer white baby/toddler antique clothes and antique/vintage clothing and the decorating ideas!

I found this dress at the Goodwill. I REALLY hope it fits because I want it for ME! With a thin red vinyl belt and my pearls...ahhhh. OH, and maybe red shoes?? (It needs washed.. that's why it's on the floor!)



Our shopping ended with the Goodwill "pound store" in Vancouver AKA Goodwill Outlet Store. We closed the place down! I found two curtain panels in soft old pastels for my 2 year-old's room and mom found some wool for making hats.

Isn't this beautiful? It's hard to tell in this picture but it's the old pinks and blues and yellows.


We had Fish and Chips at Burgerville (my favorite for fast food) and then I drove us home to collect my little darlings and tuck them in for the night.


Our children... I love them!
It was a good day. An adventerous, can't-find-where-we-want-to-go kind of day but with a full tank of gas and time, we had a great time, didn't we Mom?


Ps. Mom,did you know that the boys dug a "Sea Pond" out in the Horse's pasture in the grassy swamp area while we were off shopping? Just checkin! ;)

3 comments:

Sarala said...

Those curtains for Boo's room are going to be sooo cute!! What a great find! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I love them too! I've sewn a casing in the back and I had to repair them a little but... they washed up well and will look so darling! Much better than the dark-colored baby blankets that get hung up to keep out the light.

Karen said...

Hmm, I've been missing something! That was a lot of fun, wasn't it? Lisa said we should have called and she'd have come and opened it for us!